Have you been injured on the job?  We can help!

If you are injured on the job, report the injury immediately to your employer.

You must request the Form 801 “Report of Job Injury or Illness” from your employer.  Fill out the “worker” portion of the form and return to your employer.

Your employer will fill out its portion and send the form to the workers’ compensation insurance company.  Your employer should be make a copy to give to you.

You will be able to obtain the name and phone number of the workers’ compensation insurer from your employer.

You may seek medical treatment from a health care provider of your choosing. A chiropractor is a provider that can be your attending physician. They can refer you to acupuncture and massage if necessary.

When you call to make an appointment, make sure to state that you are opening a workers’ compensation claim. Your health care provider will have you fill out Form 827 “Worker’s and Health Care Provider’s Report for Workers’ Compensation Claims” at your first appointment. The provider will fill out their portion, send to the insurer, and a copy will be given to you.


Additional information can be found at:  http://www.cbs.state.or.us/wcd/