Have you been in a motor vehicle crash or collision?  Are you suffering from pain because of your injury?  You don’t have to suffer.  At NW Family, we can help you recover from your auto injuries.

It is important to seek evaluation immediately following an auto accident, even if you think you may not be hurt.  Symptoms may take days, weeks, or even months to fully come to the surface, so the earlier these injuries are detected and treated, the better you will feel in the long run.  It is also important to remember that these injuries can be a source of chronic, life-long pain.  Getting the proper treatment early after your crash can be very important in recovering quickly.

Many of the symptoms resulting from the accident are caused by the strain and sudden force put on and into the body by the impact of the crash.   Initially, these symptoms can be masked by other injuries, general pain and/or inflammation. These symptoms include:

  • Headaches
  •   Jaw Pain
  •   Neck Pain
  •   Shoulder and Mid Back Pain
  •   Low Back and Hip Pain
  •   Sciatica
  •   Arm, Shoulder, Wrist, Elbow, Knee, Ankle, and/or Leg Pain
  •   Numbness and Tingling
  •   Weakness
  •   Dizziness
  •   And More!

The practitioners at NW Family treat many types of pain associated with collisions, without resorting to prescription drugs or surgery. Whether it was your fault or not, if you were involved in an auto accident, call our office at (503) 887-7725, and let us get you back on the road to wellness!


What should I do if I have been involved in a motor vehicle accident?

If it is an emergency, call 911

Stay at the scene to exchange information with the driver of the other vehicle(s).

Obtain the following information:  names, phone numbers, addresses, number of occupants, location (road/city/state), insurance information including policy numbers, contact and phone number.

If you have a camera, take pictures of vehicles, accident scene, location, insurance cards, license plates.

Contact your insurance company to report accident and open a Personal Injury Protection (PIP) claim.  They will give you a claim number at this time.

Report the accident to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).   Here is a link with specific instructions on how to properly report the accident: http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/DMV/pages/driverid/accidentreport.aspx#req


Chiropractic, Acupuncture and Massage Therapy treatments are covered under an open PIP claim.  Massage Therapy requires a referral from your doctor or chiropractor. When you call us to make your first appointment following the accident, we will need a claim number from your insurance company along with contact information to the adjuster assigned to your claim.